Saturday, July 25, 2009

As the Garden Grows





7/25/09 The garden is growing like crazy, the blooms have changed to small tomatoes, and the rain has been coming down in buckets this last week. The plants survived a hail storm with minimal damage, but now I'm hoping the uncountable amount of tomatoes won't split because of the amount of rain! I spent most of last Saturday pulling weeds and getting the area cleaned up. I had hoed the sides of the garden and grandpa wanted to know what I was going to plant! I had to laugh because I have more than enough to keep up with as it is!


Our first garden at the farm! I was supposed to get 30 tomato plants but accidently got 120!

We, Dan and I, planted the garden over Memorial Day weekend. It's growing like crazy and we have lots of green tomatoes. Looks like I'll be at the farmers market or on a corner sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment